Jobs at Oak Pointe
Join our staff of highly skilled, highly motivated Christ-followers.
High School Pastor
Start Date: April 2024
Shepherd and program leader for all ministries pertaining to high school students at Oak Pointe Church.
Reports to the Director of Student Ministries
Works closely with the Student Ministries Team of Oak Pointe Church. Works closely with the Lead Pastor when preaching at weekend services and other speaking opportunities.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ: Loving God and loving others, exhibiting a desire to live in relationship with those within the church and having a yearning for people who do not yet know Jesus as Lord and Savior.
- Education: Bachelors required; additional education preferred.
- Experience: Prior experience in student ministry required. Experience in teaching large groups, leading a volunteer staff team, and developing programming and curriculum.
- Characteristics: Exhibits a Servant’s spirit and Christian character in the areas of integrity, dependability, and perseverance.
- Skills: Strong ability to lead teams, oversee initiatives, and collaborate across ministries.
- Requirements: Affirmation of the vision, direction, core values, and beliefs of Oak Pointe Church.
- Lead a weekly gathering of high school students on Wednesday nights. This includes planning programming, meeting with leaders, and teaching the large group.
- Develop a volunteer team that will assist in leading small groups, leading events, and chaperoning trips.
- Student of the current trends in youth and next generation ministries.
- Lead a missions program for high school students.
- Plan and lead various events throughout the year for high school students.
- Shepherd the high school students of Oak Pointe Church both corporately and privately.
- Provide leadership, vision and programming for the monthly gathering of student leaders.
- Plan and lead various retreats/trips for the high school students.
- Meet weekly with the student ministries team of Oak Pointe Church to report on current state of high school ministry and upcoming events.
- Occasionally teach in the main weekend services.
- Be a model to inspire other leaders.
- Train staff and students to be missional in the Senior High culture they travel in.
- Collaborate with other Oak Pointe Church student teams for retreats and best practices.
Kids Ministry Director
The Kids Ministry Director (hereafter “Director”) provides vision and leadership for Kids Ministry including program development, curriculum, coordination, implementation and direction. The Director leads staff and team members in an effort to disciple and shepherd the children of Oak Pointe Church.
It is vital that the Director develop staff to be able to recruit and develop team members so they can be successful in their roles. We want this person to lead the ministry more than “do” the ministry.
The Director will collaborate closely with the Middle School Pastor, in order to facilitate a smooth transition of 5th graders into Middle School Ministry. Additionally, the Director will work with other ministries to contribute to the overall mission of the church. This position is first and foremost a leader of the church and secondarily the leader of Kids Ministry.
Additionally, the Director will serve on Sundays, at All Church events, and will perform tasks as assigned by the Executive Pastor.
At Oak Pointe Novi, we looking for caregivers who love children and are over age 16. Two commitments are available.
Childcare – Weekdays
You’ll be caring for children 0-4 years old.
We offer a flexible schedule.
Available hours are Tuesday – Friday from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm.
Childcare – Evenings and Weekends
You’ll be caring for children 0-11 years old.
Available hours coincide with ministry schedules and special events.
2nd & 4th Fridays
9:45 – 11:45 am, supporting ESL ministry.
Monday & Tuesday 6:45 – 9:30 pm
Wednesday 9:15 – 11:15 am
For questions about childcare positions please email Dawn Jones at email@example.com
The facilities department has multiple openings. The people in these positions are responsible for cleaning, building maintenance, and summer landscaping. For more information contact Ed Ramold 248-912-0043 or firstname.lastname@example.org